One of my favorite recipes that I got from my husband’s family are Spritz cookies. One Christmas he bought me the cookie press to make them. Since then I’ve been making them for Christmas treat. They are pretty cool and lots of fun. One of the best things about them is that you can make them in different colors and shapes. My four favorite shapes are trees, wreaths, balls and bells.
- 1½ cups of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg, milk, vanilla and almond extract.
- Beat well.
- Stir together flour and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to butter and sugar mixture.
- Mix until smooth dough forms.
- Place dough into cookie press and press cookies on to cookies sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
These come out sweet and soft. They are an awesome holiday treat which because of their size can be enjoyed in small doses over several days.