I’m a big fan of chocolate. So I’m always looking for tasty new recipes that involve chocolate. I often make a double-chocolate cookie recipe. However, I wanted to try something new. Chocolate and hazelnuts are super tasty together so I decide that I wanted to make a riff on an existing recipe which would add hazelnuts into the mix.
Basically I took the Mrs. Field’s Double Chocolate Cookie recipe and added hazelnuts and hazelnut Torani syrup to the recipe.
- 2½ cups Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 sticks Butter, softened
- 3 large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 bag Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet chocolate chips
- 4 tbs Hazelnut Torani Syrup
- 1 cup Chopped Hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Mix well and set aside. In large bowl blend sugars with an electric mixer at medium speed. Add butter and beat to form a grainy paste. Scrape down sides of bowl, then add eggs and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture, half at a time and mix with electric mixer on low speed, just until combined well, do not overmix. Then add the chocolate chips, syrup and nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets 1½ inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies to a cool surface or rack.
The final result was a nice soft cookie which was chock full of nuts and had a rich chocolate taste with a hint of hazelnut.