I’m a big fan of lamb but it is pricey and often ends up being poorly prepared. The classic error that people make when preparing lamb is overcooking it. The result of this is that the meat ends up being dried out. In order to make the most of your lamb, you should make sure to rub or marinate it. For tonight’s dinner I created a rub of crushed mixed peppercorns, sea salt and garlic. I applied a bit of olive oil and this to each chop from my mini rack of lamb. Then I grilled each chop for 3-4 minutes per side. The result is a medium-rate temperate for the meat and a moist and flavorful taste.
With this I served a spinach salad with blue cheese toasted walnuts and a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ⅓ cup of toasted walnuts chopped
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
- Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
- Toast walnuts in a pan making sure to toss regularly to ensure they don’t burn.
- Chop them.
- Mix together spinach, mushrooms, walnuts, and blue cheese.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Final meal was a nice synergy of flavors and textures. The salty flavor of the blue chese and texture of toasted walnuts were especially tasty.