Tonight I decided to use some of the lemons from my thorny lemon bush to make Lemon Pepper Pork Kabobs. Often people use a dried mix to add lemon pepper flavor. I have a nice dried lemon pepper blend from Penzeys Spices that I like to use on fish. However, I wanted to try to make my own flavoring tonight. To do this I created my own marinade for the pork.
- 2 Lemons juiced and zested
- 2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium onion minced
- ¾ lb cubed pork shoulder
- 1 medium onion cut in half then into quarters
- Put lemon juice, zest, minced onion, salt and pepper in bowl with cubes of pork. Marinate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Turn on grill and bring up to temperature
- Put pork cubes on skewers along with onion pieces
- When grill comes up to temperature (375 degrees), place skewers on grill.
- Cook 4-5 minutes.
- Turn over and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve.
I served my pork kabobs with grilled zucchini and squash marinated in olive oil and garlic salt.