I spent part of last week in Washington, DC on business and I didn’t have a bad meal the whole time I was there. Almost equally important though, I didn’t eat the same kind of food twice. Staying at the Washington Hilton near Dupont Circle, there are so many great places to choose from. While I was there I ate at
- Thaiphoon – a close favorite for Thai. I like the crispy green beans and Drunken Noodles but I’ve never had a bad meal here.
- Tabard Inn – Awesome menu with so many choices. My gnocchi was perfectly cooked and the frissee salad I had great.
But not all the good stuff in walking distance from the hotel was on the Connecticut Ave strip. Some of the best food I had on the trip came from a couple places I walked up to in Adams Morgan.
- Meskerem – Ethiopian food. Come prepared for traditional communal eating
- Amsterdam Falafel Shop – Awesome Falafel with toppings of your choice. Get a small unless you have a BIG appetite. Enjoy the decor and amusing signs.
[flickr id=”6881692312″ thumbnail=”medium_640″ overlay=”true” size=”large” group=”” align=”none”]
The ironic thing was there were a couple favorite places of mine that I didn’t get to eat at
- Lauriol Plaza – a great Mexican place with outdoor rooftop seating
- Pizzeria Paradiso – simply not to be missed brick oven pizza
- Teaism – fusion Japanese bento tasty bits. Great breakfast and brunch. Come early if you want to sit
Pizzeria Paradiso in particular was greatly missed because they’re in a larger location from the last time I visited them. Which means it is easier to get a table and enjoy create things like this
[flickr id=”6356176203″ thumbnail=”medium_640″ overlay=”true” size=”large” group=”” align=”none”]
Part of me is thankful I don’t live in DC because I would be hard pressed to not gain a lot of weight eating at these places.